Friday, April 11, 2014

Exploring the City of Macau

As much as I want to stay in my suite and sleep, I have to leave and explore what Macau has to offer.
Picture
Walking away from my beloved suite

Since I have limited time to explore the rest of Macau, I decided to head off to the city center ... Largo do Senado. I hailed a cab going to the area to maximize time. On the way to the city, lots of decorations are already up for the incoming festival of the Chinese New Year.
Picture
Street decorations are everywhere
Picture
More decorations on the way to the city

Largo do Senado or Senado Square is fully decorated for the Chinese New Year. Lots if tourists and locals are doing their photo ops with the decors as background.
Picture
Chinese New Year is in the air
Picture
The cute centerpiece (this is where the fountain is located)

That was the last shot I have while exploring the city since my iPhone battery gave up on me and I was helpless without my GPS :( Anyway that's one thing I will remember on my next trip to Macau... bring as many camera as you can. I had my late lunch at the famous Margaret a Nata and the rumor was definitely true. The egg tarts are delish, so waiting in line is really worth it. I ate six pieces of those milky tarts and I still want more, but the lines are very long so I decided to pass this time.

- posted last March 2013 from my other blogsite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to hear from you and don't forget to add your link so I can visit you back :)